SOOOOOO…..This is my 1st blogger award nomination! I don’t know exactly what it means and I haven’t printed this nomination just yet (hits print) but I am extremely excited and happy about it. I love writing. I love reading. Reading is my way of taking in the world, embracing others thoughts and view points, and writing is my way of expressing my own. It’s like breathing, when you read you inhale and when you write you’re exhaling. You need both to survey. I’ve made a few friends blogging and have found joy in reading others posts and sharing my own. Nonetheless, I am just extremely happy someone thought of me and I am even more happy to share and pass this feeling along!
**Thank you Fisayo Adeyemi for thinking of me & sharing this love, check out her blog here: https://olufisayoadeyemi.wordpress.com/
What is the Mystery Blogger Award????
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma Thank you for creating this award! – https://www.okotoenigmasblog.com/my-greatest-creation-yet/
Here are the rules:
- Put the logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and link their blog.
- Tell your reader 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question.
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Questions from Fisayo
1. Did you ever steal meat from the pot when you were a child?
I did not, lol, I knew better lol. Plus, I really wanted full meals, I didn’t want to ruin the meal. I’m still the same way!
2. What’s your own idea of a perfect day?
….Hmmm, this varies. A perfect day might would start on an island somewhere either in a private resort or house right off the ocean, where I can open the back door right to the sand! I would wake up from the sun, drink fresh coconut water and have a fresh mango to start the day. I would enjoy quit yoga on the beach, and loads of other activities on the island. I would certainly go for swim, have great food, go out and see the island, maybe do an excursion and meet a few islanders, and end the day in a hot tub. I can’t say if this is all done alone or not, lol. But this is just one day.
3. Would you go bald to please your partner ?
4. Whats the worst combination of food you can never eat?
Hmm, anything spicy! I can’t handle spicy food lol, so something spicy , hot, and sweet would be torture!
5. If you had a choice between love and happiness or happiness and wealth, which would you go for?
Happiness and wealth. Wealth isn’t always about money, so you can be physically, socially, financially, and romantically wealthy. I believe we can have it all. We can have our deepest desires and I am not someone who would want to be broke and in love, just saying, doesn’t make sense to me. Eventually you’ll end up unhappy.
3 Things about me:
- I am a movie (and tv series fanatic)-I don’t know if the TV thing is real, but once I am addicted, it is hard to shake the habit! I literally re-watch movies & TV shows over and over and over again. Watching with friends is soooo hard bc I’m always trying to control myself by not repeating all the words. I’m annoying.
- I love to read! Self discovery, self help, and occasionally love and romance books. I tried to make a ‘favorites’ list, but I couldn’t choose 1, or 5, or 10. Here’s the list: https://ashleygulley.com/favorite-books-to-read/
- I love laughing! Lol, seriously, I laughed writing this! I’ve had high and low times in my life and have found that laughing is the best way to get through anything. I enjoy things and people that make me laugh. I enjoy making myself and others laugh. Mainly bc I’m really funny, lol! Laughter is powerful!
I am feeling awesome today, so I am nominating 12 bloggers! I nominate:
- Shay from Fitness Grad @ https://fitness9555.wordpress.com/
- Syd from As Told by Syd @ https://astoldbysid.wordpress.com/
- Jalysa from https://jalysadelyn.net/
- Skylar Zoe From https://skylarzoe.blog/
- Syd from Syd’s Life @ https://loveesyd.com/
- Whitney from Saffron & Serenity @https://whitneydblog.wordpress.com/
- Hidden Positives @ https://hiddenpositives.wordpress.com/
- Adeyoola from Doing it natural @ https://doingitnaturalblog.wordpress.com/
- India from Dians Cooks @ https://dianscooks.wordpress.com/
- Tenille Johnson from Feel my hustle @ https://www.feelmyhustle.com/
- Shahnaaz from Not Another Girl with a blog @ https://notanothergirlwithablog.wordpress.com/
- Ravann Claww from Black Girl Does Grad School @ https://blackgirldoesgradschool.com/
-Questions for nominees: –
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What are you currently reading and/or obsessively watching?
- What is your dream vacation?
- What makes you laugh!?
Link to one of my ‘best’ posts: https://wordpress.com/post/ashleygulley.com/2126